Saturday, March 8, 2008

The unfortunate part of the deal


Yesterday Zorro died. This is the bad end of the deal with have with the universe when it comes to having animals in our lives. Chances are you are going to outlive them. Many people choose not to have animals because of this. I think of it like this: it wouldn't suck so much when they die if it wasn't so cool to be with them when they are alive.
anyway here's some cool things about zorro
He was huge. really big, over 16 hands.
He liked nothing more than to wrap his neck around your body and place his big head in your arms.
He was very brave and ready for action.
He loved everyone.
He greeted me with a very vocal whinny every morning when he lived in my backyard.
He had big ears that flopped about as he trotted.
He had big lips he liked to bonk together making a "bop bop bop" sound.
A lot of horses have bundles of fears and neuroses when you get them, not Zorro. He was the poster child for equine mental health.

So I'll miss him. For all those reasons and a few dozen others.
(for those of you who know me , Keno and Amigo are very much alive and well)

3 comments:

Lisa H said...

I'm lighting a candle for that big Beauty. Now.

Sending you Love. I remember how you talked me through Sassy's death when I could hardy breathe.

You are wise and an exquisite Horse Mother.

Love, Love and Love.

Lisa H.

Anonymous said...

It is the unfortunate part of the deal but you are right about the absolute joy that they bring.

Keep an image of him in perfect health in your dreams and memories . . .

Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

"We weep for that which has been our
delight" gibran

So sorry about Zorro, xoxo, vanessa