Tuesday, December 16, 2008

bumper sticker etiquette


On a recent trip to Colorado right after the election I was struck by the lack of bumper stickers. While driving through Colorado Springs, I expected to see McCain Palin big and bold every which where, but no, nothing. really nothing. Later in Boulder I was looking for the Obama stickers everywhere, no, just a few discrete and rather tiny ones at best. Come on people, where's your team spirit??? Here at least two per car, and yard signs in every yard!! We are all about hanging it all out. The sign in the above photo was up the day after the election and it remains to this day, which brings me to the question:

When does one remove the stickers, signs etc once winning the election? I know all too well what to do if you lose, but it's been a long time... I know one doesn't wear white shoes after labor day, same with the straw handbag. But what about the bumper stickers??

I'm thinking maybe after the inauguration? We are having our own inaugural ball here at least amongst my pals. So come on people now, lets show our team spirit! Get out the ball gowns and rhinestones and show your support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg says this is typical but I am noticing that more Obama-maniacs are not removing their yard signs. I don't recall seeing them up this long past the election before -- it's been two months!

Greg thinks it's because they still can't believe it . . . having your own inaugural party is a great idea. Now where did I leave my tiara?

Anonymous said...

I think that I'll keep my yard sign up forever.
I keep seeing Obama/Biden bumperstickers and it just makes me SO happy. I say keep 'em on til they get ratty and unreadable!