Monday, October 8, 2007

the church of equine science



It's sunday morning and here I am coming home from my ride. There is a brisk touch to the air, and both the horse and the dog were spooky. The coyotes must have been out there somewhere although I didn't see them... When starting out I was headachey, and distracted. I think I was worrying over money, should I get new tires on the car I hate or find myself a good psychotherapist?? personal safety or getting 6 hours closer to self actualization, always a dilemma...In the midst of this pondering, Keno, the horse, stopped abruptly and puts his head in the air, the beginning of a whirl back towards dodge city...
bringing me back to NOW. So that's why I call it church. The rest of the time I'm right there riding the horse, stopping sparky from eating rotting garbage, looking for rusty junk to add to the latest art project, pulling cactus out of sparky's foot, being there. badabing badaboom I'm in the moment, the headache is gone...who needs psychotherapy, I think I'll go ahead and get the damn tires....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see a photo of you and the entourage . . . Sparky and Keno are both too darn cute . . . who took the picture?

Lisa H said...

I'm loving this blog already.
Sign me up for the church right now!
Art? Rusty things?
Can't wait.....bring 'em!

Lisa H

thetophand said...

Karen Nord, (nordequest@hotmail.com) took the photo. she's quite good at it.

Anonymous said...

Groovy spot! Yes, ride that Keno a lot and stay away from freakozoids.
Aloha and all that...
kukana

Anonymous said...

People should read this.