Friday, May 16, 2008

She likes it!


I made this necklace for my pal Kim Nickens. As you can see it's a bit odd,and peculiar too, for that matter.You can't tell from the photo but the bezel is a shotgun shell, and behind the laborodite stone is text from an old book. I wasn't sure how she'd feel about it. But as it turns out she digs it! It was one of those pieces that makes itself and it wanted to look just like it does. You just shouldn't get in the way of the process when it goes like that.
Tonight is art show night and promises to be good at least in the snack department. So stay tuned for the next review.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Wish I could see the jewel a little better. What does the text say?

thetophand said...

the text is from some old book and frankly I don't know what it says. I used it to pad the stone inside the bezel. sorry... also sorry, but laborodite is very hard to photograph to its full justice...

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! I love it! I've worn it at least 10 times maybe more . . . it's quite a unique piece and I am honored to have a Crimmel original!

Anonymous said...

Gorg.
You keep doing it.
Hooray for the "Crimmel Original" phrase that Kim used.

We are proud owners indeed.